Location: Sioux Falls, South DakotaTerm: Minimum of 12 weeks
Wages: $450/week, no benefits
Eligibility: Students who are 19 years of age or older. Candidates must have access to a vehicle. Business mileage will be reimbursed.
Preferred Majors: Agricultural Education, Animal Science, Marketing, Economics, Journalism, Public Relations or Mass Communications
Tasks and Opportunities:
Selected intern will be assigned projects overseen by SDPPC staff. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with individual staff members to complete on-going or new projects
- Develop and distribute informational material through social media channels
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, producer committee meetings and industry working group meetings
- Manage logistical details, transportation and set up of displays
- Assist at the South Dakota State Fair
- Attendance at World Pork Expo
- Other duties as assigned
Projects may include: developing and maintaining producer database, state and county fairs, newsletter articles and various promotional activities.
Some overnight travel required. Some driving required.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills (including proper telephone, email and social media etiquette)
- Ability to prioritize and work resourcefully
- Organization and attention to details
- Ability to plan a project and follow through
- Ability to work on several projects at one time
- Outgoing personality, ease meeting new people
- Able to work with people having diverse or differing viewpoints
- Able to work flexible schedule
- In-depth knowledge of pork industry and livestock production practices preferred but not required.
- Computer proficiency
Social media, power point and Microsoft office experience is beneficial
- Applicant must have valid driver’s license and no major moving vehicle violations in the previous three (3) years.
- Applicant must be physically able to lift 50 pounds
- Applicant must be able to drive a vehicle while towing a trailer
- Submit a cover letter, resume, a copy of transcript, two (2) letters of recommendation, and one (1) writing sample.
- Mail application materials to: South Dakota Pork Producers Council, 4605 W. Homefield Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57106.
- Email application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2019